Monday, June 29, 2009

Our 1st Anniversary

I can't believe it has already been a year since Tony and I got married! Time has FLOWN by! It has been an amazing first year of marriage - definitely not without its ups and downs, but still one of the best years of my life. It amazes me that even after being together for almost 6 years before getting married, there are still things we are learning about each other and new things we are experiencing together. I love being married and I feel so lucky to have such an amazing husband!

We spent the weekend of our anniversary in Lynden with my best friends and volleyball teammates from college - along with all their husbands and kids. We are quite the group these days with 6 couples, 7 kids and 4 babies on the way! It can be crazy at times, but it is always so much fun to get together.

On Sunday, our actual anniversary, Tony and I headed to Semiahmoo Resort on Birch Bay to celebrate. We had a great room looking out onto the water and we spent the afternoon walking around the resort and along the beach. That night we had a great dinner at Packer's Lounge and then spent the evening just hanging out and playing cards in our room. It was so relaxing and it was wonderful to get to spend some quality time together just the two of us, especially since it won't be just the two of us for that much longer :-)

Walking along the bay.

Happy Anniversary!

Spying on the Canadian's across the bay :-)

View from our room.

Birch Bay sunset.

No comments: