Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baby Shower

My sister and my dad put on an amazing baby shower for baby Luca and I! My sister hosted it at her new house and everything turned out great! We had so many friends and family that came to celebrate with us. It was so great to see everyone and so nice to see some people that I haven't seen in a while. Everyone was so generous and showered us with tons of great gifts! Luca got lots of adorable sleepers, onesies and outfits - he will be very well dressed! We also got a swing, bassinett, baby bath, diapers and lots of other great toys and baby necessities. My dad, my sister and my grandma all pitched in and got us our glider/rocker for the nursery. Unfortunately, it didn't show up in time for the shower, but I can't wait for it to get here! I am sure I will spend many late nights in that chair :-)


The hostess with the mostess!

This cake was delicious - and cute! White cake, raspberry filling and buttercream frosting - my favorite!

The food was delicious too!

Flower arrangements put together by my sister and my Aunt Cindy - gorgeous!

My sister decorated with a bunch of pictures of me when I was a baby.

Erin, my cousins Katie & Haley and my Aunt Cindy. Haley & Katie are SOOOOO excited for the baby and can't wait to babysit :-)

Great-Grandma's-to-be.

Tara, Lindsay, Missy, me and Barb. These girls are some of my very best friends. I have known Tara and Lindsay since kindergarten and Barb is Lindsay's mom, so I pretty much grew with them.

Grandma Kathi, Aunt Stephanie, Cindy and Mary enjoying the shade on the patio.

My cousin Katy, Aunt Mary, Mary Jane and Trisha.

My Aunt Cindy and the girls got me a book that shows the "Do's" and "Dont's" of how to take care of a baby. The pictures are hillarious!

Courtney (due 2/23/10), Julie (due 10/19/09), me (due 10/21/09), Jess (due 11/17/09), Carolyn and Jax (3 months). These girls were my roommates in college and they all traveled over 2 hours to come to the shower. It was so great to see them and meant so much to have them there!

All the preggos at the shower! Me, Stephanie (due 10/25/09), Julie, Jess, Courtney and Katy (yes, she is pregnant - due 3/20/10).

The shower was so much fun and I can't thank my dad and my sister enough for all their hard work in putting this together. This baby is already loved so much by his grandpa and his auntie - and many others too :-) I also want to thank my dad for taking all these pictures! It is way too hard to take pictures at your own shower. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures with him in them though :-(

No comments: