Monday, November 9, 2009

Weight Gain!

Luca had another weight check today. I am happy to report that he gained 11 oz over the weekend and he is now back up to 8 lbs 3 3/4 oz - just shy of his birth weight. What a relief! It is nice to know that at least our strict schedule of feeding every 2 hours has paid off - and most of that weight gain was from breastfeeding as he only had a couple of ounces of formula throughout the weekend. Again, I was happy that he wasn't that into the formula and the bottle as I really want to get the breastfeeding thing down first.

The Dr. was very pleased with the weight gain and said that Luca looked very healthy. She said they would need to see him again in a week for his 2 week wellness check. This time I left the Dr.'s office feeling very relieved! So, Luca and I went to Starbucks to celebrate with a Decaf Peppermint Mocha and some Vanilla Bean Scones :-)

No comments: